Elizabeth Humphries married Philip Talbott at Sparkford 5 Sept 1796. Jane, the daughter of their son Samuel married John Oram 1824-1907.
We do not know anything about Elizabeth Humphries’ immediate family but the following may include some of her close relatives.
Ancestry Somerset records:
Other Talbott-Humphries marriages
- Weston Bampfylde, note that Philip Talbott also came from Stawell
- 16 Sept 1789 Wm Talbot of Stawell to Ann Humphries
- 07 Mar 1791 Thomas Talbot of Stawell to Mary Umphries [sic] witnesses William Talbott and Silas Humphries. Banns at Stawell showing Thomas was a widower.
- Other Humphries at Weston Bampfylde:
- 23 Jun 1791 Samuel Humfries of Weston Bampfylde [sic] married Martha King of Yarlington.
- Baptisms Weston Bampfylde:
- 1 July 1792 Richard so John and Mary Umfries
Other Humphries in the area:
- 28 June 1791 Silas Humphries of Castle Cary m Mary Barber of Black ford at Blackford
- 10 Nov 1796 Isaac so Silas and Mary Humphries 2 weeks old at Castle Cary
- 20 Feb 1809 Silas buried Castle Cary
1841 census Farmer John Humpries in Ansford
1851 census Ditcheat William (36) Ag lab and Ann plus offspring all born Ditcheat
NB may be more to add in West Lydford and Bruton
Navigation Talbott family pages
- Introduction and main Talbott Family page
- Talbotts in Stawell in the 17th – 19th centuries and move to Sparkford area.
- Philip Talbott 1773-1851 and Elizabeth Humphries 1770- including their offspring.
- Humphries family
- Samuel Talbott 1797-1870 and Charity Way 1792-1866
- Way family of Wincanton
- Map of Talbott places
- or use menus to go to another section of the website