Isaac Oram 1745-1802 married Elizabeth Clare 1747-1795. Both families lived in Ditcheat, Somerset.
- Elizabeth’s parents were Arthur Clare 1719-1794 and Elizabeth (probably nee Still) 1712-1787. It seems as if Elizabeth Clare had one sibling John.
- Trees visible to Ancestry members only
- Bacon family descended from Elizabeth’s brother John b.1745
- and Bacon_Barber also descended from Elizabeth’s brother John b.1745
- Formisano family also from Elizabeth’s brother John b.1745. Tree shows parents of Arthur 1719-1794 as Arthur Clare 1690- born Castle Cary and Joan Gralin and his grandfather as Arthur Clare 1670- born Castle Cary. Also wife of Arthur 1719-1794 as Elizabeth Still, marrying in Corton Denham. Suggests Elizabeth was born in Alton-Pancras, Dorset daughter of Elias Still.
- No definite DNA links have been found with Ancestry members but …
- In 2019 contact was made with DNA match SG in Idaho. His tree includes the Chinnock family living in Ditcheat at the same time as the Clares. There is a marriage Betty [or Elizabeth?] Clare and Robert Chinnock in Ditcheat in 1747. This would make them of the same generation as Arthur Clare in our tree and Leonard Chinnock in SG’s tree.