- Born: 6 January 1837 at Ditcheat, Somerset, England
- Parents: John Oram 1800-1891 and Ann Davis ? – ?
- Siblings: Mary Oram c1830-1907, and Sarah Oram 1833-1903
- 1. William Golledge 1833-1865 at Ditcheat in 1860.
- 2. Heber Denman 1828-1903. Buried 19 Jan 1903 at Castle Cary ‘of Galhampton’ aged 73.
- Offspring: None known
- Died: 4 June 1903 buried with sisters Ditcheat, see memorial below
**** move birth cert below to here ****
Ann was the only offspring of John Oram and Ann who was born in the time of the national register of births. Luckily unlike many people John and Ann did register Ann’s birth and her certificate gives her mother’s maiden name as Davis.
For Ann’s first two censuses she was living at home see the page for her father John 1800-1891 before marrying William Golledge 1833-1865 in 1860. William, yeoman of Castle Cary was the son of labourer John Golledge. In 1861 dairyman William, born Wraxall (a hamlet in the parish of Ditcheat) and Ann were living in South Cary. Four years later William was buried in Ditcheat.
The 1871 census shows widow Ann housekeeper in Galhampton to farmer John Jennings before, in 1875 marrying widower market gardener Heber Denman, son of John Denman. Heber’s first marriage in 1859 was to Ellen Thomas 1840-1865 of North Cadbury, a minor, mother Anne Thomas (widow).
In 1881 farmer Heber, born Galhampton and Ann were living in at Smallway in the parish of Castle Cary close to Galhampton. Heber’s widowed mother Harriet was living with them. By the 1891 census Heber had become a farmer then was described as a dairy farmer in 1901.
Heber died on 15 January 1903 and was buried at Castle Cary, described as “of Galhampton” four days later. Heber left an estate valued at just over £2,100 and Ann died five months later on 4 June 1903. Ann’s estate was valued at almost £1,800. At that time both estates would have been levied 3% in death duties.
- There is a headstone in Ditcheat churchyard commerating the three daughters of John Oram 1800-1891
- Sarah, widow of William A’COURT, died 25 Jan 1903, aged 70.
- And her sister, Ann, widow of Heber DENMAN, died 4 June 1903, aged 65.
- Also their sister, Mary COX, died 10 June 1907, aged 78.
- [Source findmypast subscription website]