- Born: c1830 Ansford, Somerset
- Parents: John Oram 1800-1891 & Ann Davis ? -?
- Siblings: Sarah Oram 1833-1903 and Ann Oram 1837-1903
- Married: George Cox ?-? in 1865 at Ditcheat
- Offspring: John Oram Cox 1866-1876 who was born in Pilton, Somerset
- Died 10 June 1907 buried Ditcheat with her sisters, see memorial below
In 1865 Mary married George Cox, a policeman of Pilton son of moulder [a brickmaker?] William Cox. Witness Nathaniel Cox may have been George’s brother and also a policeman. If so the brothers were probably born in Nailsea, Somerset, sons of William and Mary.
George and Mary’s son John Oram Cox was baptised in Ditcheat, the register stating that the family lived in Pilton and George was a policeman. At the time of the two census returns during their marriage Mary was with her father. Carolyn has not found a census record for George in 1871 or 1881 or a death record that, according to Mary’s census returns occurred between the 1881 and 1891 census days.
For more on Mary’s life and family see the page for her father John 1800-1891. Census returns:
- 1841 with her father, grandmother and other family members in Alhampton
- 1851 with her father and sisters
- 1861 with her father and sister Sarah
- 1871 ‘married’ with father and son
- 1881 ‘married’ with father
- 1891 widow in Alhampton alone
- 1901 with sister Sarah in Alhampton
- There is a headstone in Ditcheat churchyard commerating the three daughters of John Oram 1800-1891
- Sarah, widow of William A’COURT, died 25 Jan 1903, aged 70.
- And her sister, Ann, widow of Heber DENMAN, died 4 June 1903, aged 65.
- Also their sister, Mary COX, died 10 June 1907, aged 78.
- [Source findmypast subscription website]