- Born: 1846 at South Barrow, Somerset, England
- Parents: James Bartlett 1813-1895 and Elizabeth Marshall 1810-c1886
- Siblings: Samuel Bartlett 1844-? and James Marshall Bartlett 1854-1897
- Married: Job Cox Oram 1843-? on 13 March 1866 at South Barrow, Somerset, England
- Offspring: James William Oram 1866 – ?, Mary Elizabeth EA Oram 1868 – 1880, Henry E Bartlett Oram 1869- 1891
- Lived in: South Barrow and Babcary, Somerset, England
- Died: 9 Jan 1889 and buried in South Barrow on 12 Jan 1889
James William Oram known as “William” , eldest son of Job and Elizabeth was baptised Babcary sometime between 30 May and 21 October 1866. Job was described as a farmer and their abode Babcary. See this page for James’ marriage and offspring.
Job and Elizabeth’s daughter was Mary Elizabeth Ella Amelia Oram who was baptised at Babcary on 4 August 1867 and died aged 13 on 12 January 1880.
Their third offspring was Henry “Harry” Ernest Bartlett Oram born … On the night of the census of 5 April 1891 Harry was at Parsonage Farm but he died at Brompton Hospital, London on 23 July 1891. Harry, described as ‘of South Barrow’ was buried in St George’s Cemetery, Hanwell in West London.
Elizabeth’s husband Job Cox Oram left his family after about four years of marriage and became a bigamist in the USA, see Job’s page.
In the 1871 census recently deserted Elizabeth was ‘married’ and living with her parents at South Barrow with her three children. In the 1881 census Elizabeth was still shown as being married, rather than a widow living with her parents and two surviving children James (referred to as William) and Henry (referred to as Harry).
John Oram, in his diary entry for 9 January 1889 states “Mrs E. Oram (Job’s widow) died aged 43”. At the time Job was probably alive and living in the USA under an alias.