Mary Richards married William Fisher on 27 March 1817 at South Molton. Mary stated in her census returns, and repeated in her death records that she was born about 1786 in South Molton, but in the surviving records there are no Marys born in 1786. John Richards and Mary’s first daughter that they named Mary was born 1780 and died in 1781. Then they named their daughter born in 1783 Mary who could be the Mary Richards buried 1819 aged 35 years, so born 1784 of Gunswell Lane, South Molton. The other possibility is that Mary was the daughter of Joshua born 1767 who seems to have married Jane Widgery, but the parents are described as Joshua and Jenny. See in red below.
- John Richards married South Molton in 1766
- + Mary Harris
- Joshua Richards 1767-
- Jenny?? or Jane Widgery married 1787 with consent of parents Joshua a Wool Comber
- Mary Richards bapt 1788 mother Jenny
- Joshua Richards 1789-1790
- Hannah Richards 1768-
- William Richards 1770-a burial 1838 Goodleigh
- ?+Elizabeth Webber 1810, Barnstable
- John Richards 1772-
- ??? +Jane Skinner 1833 South Molton.
- Hugh Richards 1774-
- ?? +Ann Bray 1793 Stoke Damerel
- David Richards 1778-
- ?? Mary Cook 1819 Lynton if so at Ilkerton, Lynton, Barnstable in 1841 with offspring David died 1850
- Mary Richards 1780-1781
- Christopher Richards 1781-died South Molton 1794?
- ?? Dorothy Tucker 1830 at Great Torrington
- Mary Richards 1783-
- Daniel Richards 1785-died St Breock Cornwall 1846?
- ?? Sarah Burgess 1805 Trentishole
- Elizabeth Richards 1787-
- ?? John Northam 1803 South Molton (sojourner) John died 1804?? born Dawlish 1775?
A Mary Richards died 1819 35 years, so born 1784 of Gunswell Lane? South Molton
A Mary Richards was baptised at Tavistock 1788 parents Samuel and Sarah.