In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson’s Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Bampfylde like this:
WESTON-BAMPFYLDE, a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; 1 mile SSE of Sparkford r. station, and 5 SSW of Castle-Cary. Post town, Ilchester, under Taunton. Acres, 631. Rated property, £1,169. Pop., 146. Houses, 30. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £208.* Patron, the Rev. T. S. Hellier. The church is old. Charities, £11.
View Saga UK in a larger map